Wednesday, November 23, 2011

Perception vs. Reality

I'm not exactly sure what anyone thinks of when they look at me... How they think I see people... How they think I see life... How they think I see them... How they think I see myself...

I can guarantee you this: you're probably right... and you're probably wrong.

Do I think people are good? Certainly... and definitely not.
Why?

In my opinion, we all want to do, be, and be perceived as good... We all have our own insecurities and "emotional poison" that guards, hinders, and destroys our altruistic sense of being. When, sadly, this goal of good seems unattainable, perhaps, is when people switch sides of aiming for good. Just a thought...

How I see life... hmm... the only constant I know is change. I accept and negate that... but it inevitably happens either way. So, there ya go...

How I see you.... the general, whomever you are, you... I truly love you. I can honestly say - I look at the most mean-spirited beings... Most unclean and unkempt beings... Most seemingly unattractive faces and bodies... Most insecure and needy beings... and I fall in love. My heart aches and cries that you will only see yourself with the eyes I'm looking at you with. I love your eyes - I love your laugh - I love your smile - I love meeting your pure, honest soul...

And now, the hardest part... How I see myself...
I am fully secure and entirely insecure.
(Here's that part about trying a change of vulnerability...)
I love the way I was made - my pure, natural self and soul. My perceptions - everything I intake about myself and the way I am viewed - is labeled with my own "emotional poison". I take many things quite personally, and I am constantly analyzing and evaluating every component of my being through the blurred goggles of my past... it's the bruise I keep poking.


The problem with all of this, however... Is the difference in perception and reality. Yes, Our reality simply is in what we perceive... but what happens when we're inaccurate in our perception? What if our perception is flawed?

For example... What if, in hearing my own critiques of myself, you assume that I look at you with those same eyes? What if, in critiquing myself, I assume that you look at me with those same eyes?

That is fear.


Cryptography

No comments:

Post a Comment